Flurry - Women's Ultimate
It is our mission to develop a program that fosters the growth of individual skill, teamwork, fitness and leadership for female athletes in the game of Ultimate.
We strive to build the capacity for stronger Edmonton women’s teams in the pursuit of becoming an established competitor at the Regional and National level.
This summer marks Flurry's 5th season! If you're a female age 18+ who's looking to get more touches on the disc, interested in developing your ultimate skills, keen on playing a higher level of ultimate, and eager to meet awesome girls who love ultimate, Flurry is the team for you.
The team competes against the best women's teams in Canada so we will focus on player development, a thorough understanding of the game, and perfecting team strategies to enhance performances at tournaments. Last season Flurry finished 3rd place at the Canadian Ultimate Championships and we hope to continue our good form on the national stage.
Our season plan is as follows:
- Winter City Warmup (Edmonton): May 28
- Training Camp (Canmore): June 3-4
- Prairie Invite/Regionals (Saskatchewan): July 22-23
- Canadian Ultimate Championships (Ottawa): Aug 17-20
- Training Camp (Edmonton) - September (TBA)
- Pan-American Ultimate Championships (Argentina): November 14-19
2017 Captains: Kirsten Taylor, Jamie Parisien & Jenn Beck