If you love hope, charity, celebrations, and hammers make sure to join us for our Mixed Holiday Hat Tournament taking place on the evening of December 17 at Commonwealth Field House.
Twas three nights before Christmas, when all through the Commonwealth
Lot’s of creatures were stirring, in this disc friendly house.
The hammers were flung through the air with no care,
In hopes that St Nolan soon would be there.
When out on the turf there arose such a clatter,
We sprang from the sideline to see what was the matter.
Away from the defender we flew like a flash,
Tore up the turf and made quite a dash.
They sprang to the air, to their team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard them exclaim, ‘ere they drove out of sight,
"Happy Christmas Hat to all, and to all a good-night!"
Hat Tournament Details (now in prose form)
This tournament is about having fun and giving back. 100% of the profit will go towards the 2017 Clauses Cause (to be selected by the winning team). This tournament is about Ultimate but it is just as much about our friends, family and our amazing Edmonton Ultimate community. 100% of the blood, sweat and tears will go towards the chance of winning a Candy Cane and hat tourney glory.
- When: Sunday, December 17 4:00-9:00pm
- Where: Commonwealth Rec Centre
Cost: $30 per player
- If you would like to donate additional money to the charity please feel free to bring it that night.
Registration is open! - the first 25 to register will be entered in a draw for a $25 Gift Card to Urban Tavern and On the Rocks!
- Registration closes December 13th or once all spots are full.
- Mixed, 4-on-4 Ultimate
- 8 teams with 8 players each
Each team will play a minimum of 6 games. There will be a final showdown to determine a champion that will be awesome, absurd, and festive.
- Continuous (no pulls between points, changes on the fly), 20min per game
- In each game there will be a carbon clause that will be an effect for 2min. They could choose alternate equipment (aka. Santa hat vs. disc) or new throwing rules. Depending on how social the club gets over the holidays will determine the absurdity of the clauses.
- There will be a legit hat draw done at a neutral site by the Carbon Men's Masters Ultimate and Social Club. The sorting Santa hat will ensure gender and skill levels are equally distributed.