Summer Program Coordinator
Edmonton Ultimate Players Association (EUPA) is a not-for-profit organization offering a wide variety of opportunities for our membership made up of over 1000 new and experienced Ultimate players in the Edmonton, Alberta area. Our Association is run by an elected board of volunteer Directors and a full-time employed General Manager along with a part-time employed Community Outreach Coordinator (eupa.ca).
All Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be enrolled as a full-time secondary or post-secondary student in a recognized institution and currently be recognized as having “full-time student status” by that academic institution;
- be returning to full-time studies for your next academic term; and
- be legally allowed to work in Alberta, Canada.
You will be required to provide proof of eligibility if contacted for a job. Examples of proof include: A letter from your Registrar's Office, confirmation of registration/schedule or other official documents that confirm your full-time student status. Distance learning is acceptable as long as full-time status can be confirmed. High school students who completed school in the fall semester and don't plan to return to full-time studies in the winter semester, are not eligible.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will support EUPA summer programming by working with the Community Outreach Coordinator, league members, Board and Committee members, volunteers, and vendors; coordinating team registration and payments. The position is located in Edmonton, Alberta and will be a temporary contract position. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the General Manager to manage all adult and youth leagues by coordinating field allocations, volunteers, teams; communicating with players; and scheduling games.
- Working with the Community Outreach Coordinator to promote leagues and tournaments and interacting with current and potential league players.
- Supporting the EUPA Tournaments Committee to organize and manage EUPA’s summer tournaments by working with vendors, coordinating team registration and payments, scheduling games, and handling onsite coordination throughout the tournaments.
- Providing organizational support and direction with various EUPA committees, special summer projects, events, or programs.
- Providing support to the General Manager in maintaining the day to day administrative and financial management requirements of the organization, and with any additional tasks that may arise.
- Conducting other related field or office work as needed.
- Preference will be given to candidates pursuing a degree or diploma in outdoor recreation, sports and tourism, recreology, leisure studies, management or other related field.
- Demonstrated success in project management, working independently and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Google drive and office software, web technologies and social media.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers is an asset.
- Previous non-profit management, administration and sport experience is an asset.
- Strong English verbal and written communication.
- Collaborative attitude, ability to excel in a team and an independent environment.
- Results-oriented self-starter with an ability to multi-task and assess priorities.
- Enthusiastic personality with a passion for interpersonal communication and engagement.
- A flexible work style, with the ability to alter hours or focus to use time efficiently and effectively.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Access to personal computer with reliable internet connection.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation.
$14.60 per hour based on a 30 hour work week for 13 weeks. Tentative start date June 4, 2018.
Hiring for this competition is contingent upon government funding. Candidate shortlisting will begin immediately and the competition will close once a suitable candidate is found. Your application should include a cover letter, resume, as well as available start date. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Lale Mackus, General Manager and include your name in the subject.
Thank you to all applicants in advance.