Job Posting: Summer Program Coordinator
With support of the Canada Summer Jobs funding program, EUPA will be hiring a 2016 Summer Program Coordinator to support our programs and projects.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will support EUPA summer programming by working with league members, Board and Committee members, volunteers, and vendors; coordinating team registration and payments. The position is located in Edmonton, Alberta and will be a full time, temporary contract position. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the General Manager to manage all adult and youth leagues by coordinating field allocations, volunteers, teams; communicating with players; and scheduling games.
- Supporting the EUPA Tournaments Committee to organize and manage EUPA’s summer tournaments by working with vendors, coordinating team registration and payments, scheduling games, and handling onsite coordination throughout the tournaments.
- Providing organizational support and direction with various EUPA committees, special summer projects, events, or programs.
- Working with the General Manager to promote EUPA and the sport of Ultimate through creative marketing and media ventures, and by developing relationships with potential partners and sponsors.
- Working with the General Manager to ensure strong communication between the association and its members through EUPA’s website, monthly newsletter, and social media outlets.
- Providing support to the General Manager in maintaining the day to day administrative and financial management requirements of the organization, and with any additional tasks that may arise.
- Conducting other related field or office work as needed.
- Preference will be given to candidates pursuing a degree or diploma in outdoor recreation, sports and tourism, recreology, leisure studies, business or other related field.
- Demonstrated success in project management and working independently and strong organizational skills.
- A high level of proficiency with Google drive and office software, web technologies and social media.
- Experience working with photography and videography software is an asset.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers is an asset.
- Previous non-profit management or administration experience is an asset.
- Strong English verbal and written communication.
- Collaborative attitude, ability to excel in a team and an independent environment.
- Results-oriented self-starter with an ability to multi-task and assess priorities.
- Enthusiastic personality with a passion for interpersonal communication and engagement.
- A flexible work style, with the ability to alter hours or focus to use time efficiently and effectively.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Access to personal computer with a reliable internet connection.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation.
All Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be enrolled as a full-time secondary or post-secondary student in a recognized institution and currently be recognized as having “full-time student status” by that academic institution;
- be returning to full-time studies for your next academic term; and
- be legally allowed to work in Alberta, Canada.
You will be required to provide proof of eligibility if contacted for a job. Examples of proof include: A letter from your Registrar's Office, confirmation of registration/schedule or other official documents that confirm your full-time student status. Distance learning is acceptable as long as full-time status can be confirmed. High school students who completed school in the fall semester and don't plan to return to full-time studies in the winter semester, are not eligible.
$11.20 per hour, approximately $1,568 per month based on a 35 hour work week.
The competition will close at 11:59pm MST on 5 June 2016, but short listing will begin immediately. Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com Attn: Dani Dugan, General Manager. Please include a cover letter with your resume, as well as available start date.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all applicants in advance.